Apocalyptic Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalyptic Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Puppy Love

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 am

The wind tore at Jame's collar, bumps settling over the back of his neck. He snuggled into his coat a little more, trying to escape the chill.

Looking up he gazed at the gloomy skies above. The clouds had their usual gray color, with small hints of off-white, their motion swirling about each other, twisting up into a storm that was sure to come. The whole world seemed to be dulled of color, the sky darkening the tiniest of bit to show that it was nearing the sun's departure.

Jame sighed, his breath forming a small icy cloud. Damn this weather, he though grumpily. He hated weather like this. It was too depressing for his taste, and well, for anyone else's. He trudged up the dirt path, now mud, toward the forest. As he got closer he began to smell the dampness that the rain had brought upon, the freshness that seemed to cover everything. Tiny droplets could be hear through the silence, drop drop drop.

He had to admit, though he did despise the cold of the storm clouds, he didn't at all despise the nature that thrived from it. Everything in general concerning it was calming and soothed his nerves. Whenever he came near forests or woods like the ones he was venturing toward now, he felt whole, like nothing was missing.

He breathed in, taking in everything. This cleared his thoughts a bit, readying for what he was to encounter soon. Shaking himself, he pressed on, "Better hurry this up, they'll be waiting." With that he pressed on.

(Ugh, fail.)

Last edited by ImTheOne on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm

((TITLE FTW.))

Drip, drip, drip.

Nathaniel shivered as the water from a low-hanging branch dripped onto his head. He was resisting the urge to shake the water his fur, trying not to break the stern stillness that had come over the pack. They were spread across the hillside, waiting for the emergence of the scout that had been sent out to see if the mysterious werewolf was coming. The pack all had carefully restrained excitement that kept their ears pricked for any sound.

Nathan flattened his ears against his neck, still struggling to keep still. He and a select few had missed the brief meeting with the wolf, off on a hunt. They were the ones with the slightest hint of hesitation, wary of someone they had not met. Out of the 14 wolves in the pack, Nathaniel was the least eager, standing off to the side.

Finally, the scout burst out of the fringes of the clearing, eyes wide with excitement. The new wolf was on his way.
Back to top Go down
http://apocalyptic.vampire-legend.com
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 am

Awkward.

That was the only thought that summed up his feelings while walking, his two legs parading through the thick greenage. Already the heel of his boots were soaked with water, the color darker than the rest of his foot. Cursing quietly, he shook his boot, trying his best to rid of the water, doing the same with the other. For a few small steps he was hopping on foot, looking like a bofoon.

It wasn't that he was nervous. He was just paranoid. Very, very paranoid. Being in his other skin did that to him. In it, he felt vulerable, weak, defenseless. And he didn't enjoy those types of feelings, nor did he usually be a victim of them.

Glancing back behind him, seeing nothin, he did a quick 360 about the area. No one and nothing. The place was clear. Time to lose this mask, he thought as he leaned forward, almost to the point of falling, and shifted.

Before his paws even touched the ground, his change was complete. Fur ranged all over his body; thin brown strands, thicker around his neck, fluffing and rising up with the cold. His long legs were erect and muscular, holding up his large, powerful body. Claws produces from his humungous paws, able to cut even the toughest of carcesses. Chocolate eyes were set in the sockets of his angular head, perfectly in line with his ears and snout. ((You know how you said that the nose, eyes, and ears are aline... D:<))

James spread his claws toes, spacing them out, gathering the dirt beneath them. He involuntarily breathed a sigh pf releif, his stiff muscles relaxing. Now I'm ready, he thought as he started on his path again, a little more confident.

He jogged through the foliage, then, getting bored at the slow speed, speeded up into a run. With his legs pounding against the ground he arrived fairly quickly. Soon he could hear adn smell others of his kind. Low growls and the softness of pads came from everywhere.

James let himself make a small grin, or as much as a grin as his form would allow.
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Nathaniel was the first to spot the new wolf, his gaze off in a different direction than the others. He was...well, almost intimidating with his size and fierce look. Nathan ducked his head and admired the wolf's brown fur that managed to look tough and super cuddly at the same time. It was then, that everyone seemed to smell the approaching wolf and stood. A few of the females flounced forward with confident looks and Nathaniel stepped back.

His annoyance was perhaps encouraged by this manly specimen, so he seated himself farther from him. His white fur raising of it's own accord and he ended up looking quite silly. He glanced around for the alpha, hoping to slip away before he was made to greet the wolf, but it turned out that the alpha was glaring at him. When he saw him, Nathan was forced to comply and stay to meet him.

He huffed and reluctantly(and ungracefully) padded over to the wolf.
Back to top Go down
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 am

(tough AND cuddly? damn, he should get a medal.)

James dipped his head in greeting numerous times. One reason to give the appropriate response to everyone who welcomed him (which was more than he could count for), as well as to avoid eye contact. Meeting all these new wolves was overwhelming, he barely could differentiate the multiple names thrown his way, they all were thinking at once. He even received some various licks, those mainly coming from the she-wolves that had suddenly surrounded him.

Welcome, he heard from chaos and immediately all the talking ceased. Looking past a pretty grey she-wolf, who's closeness was starting to annoy him, James saw one of the bigger wolves of the pack. He immediately figured him to be the alpha, his coat dark black, grays only just starting to appear. I hope your journey here was uneventful? His deep voice seemed to scream "I'm top dog, b*tch."

Too boring for my standards. James jokingly replied, his brain focusing on the alpha and his conversation, but his minds elsewhere. He was mainly searching through the ranks of the pack, searching for a wolf that would catch his eye.

He completely ignored the females, his eyes roaming past them in a snap, they were no interest to him. He also passed by two of the the bulkier looking males, their bodies seemingly to big for their heads, which both had slight idiotic expressions on them. He eliminated quite a few others in the same manner, but each with their own reasons.

Too weak looking, too young, too old, hate the orange-ish color of the fur, oddly proportioned, and so on.

There were, although a few that caught his eyes. One was a good-looking tan colored wolf that appeared to be able to run from sunrise to sundown. He had intelligent pale eyes, and a set snout with a set of teeth that would make any animal cower in fear. Others included a browned-coated wolf with a lean body, and another sleek dark, striking-green eyed wolf.

In one distant part of his mind he heard the alpha stating the names of the members of the pack. Immediately, James zoned in, only to come in at the end of the list.

... and lastly, two of our best hunters: Haynes and Nathaniel. Haynes, a dull gray pup lowered his head with embarrassment as some of his mates growled their agreement. The other, Nathaniel, was nowhere to be seen. Well, James couldn't see any other wolf that was mentioned.

Then a blob of white entered his vision, near the middle/rear of the group. He instantly focused, only to see that it was a wolf, to his surprise. It was pure white wolf, from snout to tail. This wolf's fur wasn't flat and sleek like the others, but thick and fluffed. To James personally, it made the wolf look bigger than he already was, which was bloody big. Blue/grey piercing eyes stared from an intelligent face, it's features just adjusted right. Slim, but lean and muscular, someone could easily tell why he was a fabulous hunter.

Wait... wouldn't prey see him a mile away? James thought, confused. This wolf stood out like blood on snow, just popping from the scenery.

For some reason James now wanted to ask this wolf some questions, to get them answered, as well as just to be near him.

The alpha was still talking to him, but somehow hadn't noticed the new wolf's mind absence, just as no one else had. You shall grow used to this territory- and pack quickly by the looks of it.

James took a quick, and barely noticeable, glance at the white wolf and then looked at the alpha. I think so too.

(YESH! A BIG ONE! THIS PUTS ALL SMALLER ONES TO SHAME!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!)
((But I did fail near the end. Marla didn't let me get on till late. Sorry Beth.))

Last edited by ImTheOne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Nathaniel listened to the alpha introducing each of the pack as he padded forward. He kept his eyes glued to the ground, trying to go unnoticed as the new wolf raked his confident gaze across the pack. Before his eyes rested on Nathan, the new wolf was introduced to Haynes. And then, Nathaniel. His ears flattened against his neck as the wolf spotted him, the blindingly white wolf that was impossible to miss. He was embarrassed by the alpha's introduction as well as the wolf's contemplative stare.

Nathan suddenly seemed to remember himself and dipped his head in greeting. The alpha looked content, sure that he hadn't forgotten to introduce anyone. Why don't you introduce yourself to the pack and get to know everyone? Then you can scope out the territory. He suddenly singled out Nathan and flicked his tail towards him. Nathaniel can show you around.

Not about to go against their alpha, Nathan nodded his head grudgingly. He padded over to the side of the group, putting himself out of the way until he was needed. Once again, everyone clamored for attention, probably eager to meet a new face, but Nathan saw it as if they were hoping to find a mate or protector. Because the wolf was certainly a force to reckon with.

((I can make it longer?))
Back to top Go down
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

(it's fine. I can go on from here. The posts don't HAVE to be long.)

My name's James. The brow-haired wolf said to everyone gathered around. He put up a nice demeanor, but really he was scowling from within. He didn't really want to chat with these wolves- well, not right then, but he just wanted a tour with Mr. Whitey (the white wolf).

Nathaniel. Nathan. Nate.

He liked the name. It fit nicely, he had to say. BUT, he also thought Mr. Whitey was cute too.

So, where did you come from? A pretty russet furred she-wolf asked, padding a bit closer, which closed the distance between James and her by a foot or two. He had to lean back to avoid bumping snouts. As if by a sudden agreement, the rest of the wolves moved in closer. Are you missing anyone special? Someone close to you from your old home?

James replied with one of the most intelligent phrases that he could think of at that moment. Uh...

He hurriedly looked at Nathaniel, or Mr Whitey, with a plea in his eyes. He didn't think he could stay with these wolves any longer. They'd smother him to death before they learned, and he was real keen on his life.

(I made it short on purpose. Beth, it's time for you to show your stuff. Mr.WhiteyxJamey 4EVA!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:09 am

((Real keen on life, lololol.))

The boorish crowd couldn't be tamed by James' obvious discomfort, pressing closer as he backed up and was forced into a tight spot. The females' advances and attempts to start a conversation were beginning to give Nathaniel a headache. He impatiently watched the crowd, waiting to give James a tour of the territory.

Watching the werewolf now, he figured it might not be too bad to have some time to get to know him.

And when James turned to him with that desperate look in his eyes, he jumped to his paws, almost eager to help disperse the crowd that was rubbing his fur the wrong way. Nathaniel darted into the crowd, uncaring of anyone in the way. Alright, alright, back off. They seemed to ignore him for a moment, but when he nudged James in the other direction, they backed off and they were allowed to walk away.

They can be a little excitable when it comes to new people, he told James, not sure if he was apologizing on their behalf, or just explaining. He glanced around at the trees to get his bearings before he headed for the edge of the territory. This way.
Back to top Go down
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 pm

James silently thanked the god (or gods) in the world. The dispersing of the small crowd let him gather his room so that his legs weren't cramped. He, o say the least, wasn't all too sad to see the wolves walk away, especially the she-wolves.

Mr. Whitey was very nice, helping him like that in his time of need. Some of the other wolves he'd met in his life weren't as kind, nor as good looking. The white wolf was indeed someone of interest to James- friend, companion, protector... mate.

Maybe.

James trotted beside the Mr. Whitey, his tail wagging slightly. Glancing at the white wolf he thanked him for his help. Thanks. I was bein' bombarded- I didn't think I could handle much more.

He didn't give any time for Nathaniel to answer, even if he wasn't going in the first place. So... What's it like around here?

(I'll maybe edit it later at home, kay Beth?)
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Nathaniel accepted the thanks with a small nod, and had opened his mouth when James had started speaking again. He flicked his ears with brief annoyance, but he made no other signs of protest. Perhaps it was that he had noticed how incredibly nice James looked from this close.

Well, Nathan thought for a moment, padding softly through the forest. Mostly, we hunt and talk and sometimes we talk with other packs, but we go into to town a lot when we get bored. Never all at once, of course, but usually in groups. He glanced at James for a reaction. What had he done before he had joined the pack?

Pausing only for a moment, he decided to go ahead and ask. So...what did you do before? Did you have a pack?
Back to top Go down
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 am

James thought for a moment at the given question, It was just a simple and small pack, not too troublesome. We weren't constantly attacked by other packs, mostly keeping to ourselves.

His snapped to the side, ears erect and straining to pinpoint what he'd heard. After a few moments, he recognized it to be a rather small grey squirrel, not worthy of chasing after... Well, not at that moment.

Maybe later.

James continued on, I didn't have any grudge with any of my packmates, but I somehow ended up spending a lot of time on my own- hunting, scouting, chasing foxes. You know, average day things. Though I did hang out with the pups a lot, they were a bunch of crazy-hyper tornadoes. I taught 'em all the practical jokes that I could think of. He sighed, I do hope they'll pass on the wisdom to the next generation.

((SMALL BUT POWERFUL! CHICA CHA! C:<))
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Nathaniel nodded and listened quietly.

James was certainly odd.

He sniffed the air and realized that they were probably close to the edge of their territory. He glanced over at James as the trees began to thin and became sparse. Beyond that was a town that became dense with buildings farther out. Well, this is where are territory ends, he explained. I guess I can take you around the outer parts and then circle back to rejoin the pack... He trailed off uncertainly as the daunting prospect of walking for about an hour finally reached him.

Whatever you want, though. He offered, hoping that James decided to do something else.
Back to top Go down
ImTheOne
User
User
ImTheOne

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 am

James's ears perked when they reached the edge. He knew it was the edge because he was just barely managing to sniff out the traces of the packs markings. he guessed that they were either at or passed the line that divided his new pack's territory and whatever was beyond it.

He's nice, James thought suddenly, his mind just being random at the moment, but shy. And sure enough, the white wolf was just that to him. he hoped he could change that.

So... whatever I want, huh? He asked mischievously, snickering inside his mind. Does that still stand if I ask for a detour to the city? I went straight to you guys and didn't have a chance to really explore. Eh... He looked at Mr. Whitey with pleading eyes, hoping the fluffy wolf wouldn't notice the evil prankster that lurked within.

(Sorry- I'm tired so there may be errors, but I'm too lazy to check. NIGHT PPLZ! XDDDDD)
Back to top Go down
Pheobe
Admin
Pheobe

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am

Nathaniel nodded understandingly. Sure, I guess I could try to show you around the city. He didn't usually go into town, he preferred the forest. But I honestly I don't know where anything is. I stay in the forest a lot. I suppose we could just walk around though and see what's there. He was relieved, though, that he didn't have to continue the monotonous work of showing him all the way around the territory.

So he stood up, his body morphing and changing into his human form. Immediately, Nathan was cold. He glanced down at himself and made a disgusted noise as he realized that the last time he had Changed, it had been relatively warm. Now it was the middle of the night and probably close to freezing. He touched his head and found that he also hadn't been wearing a hat.

"That's awesome," he muttered. Then he turned to James. "Can we go, um, get some more appropriate clothing before we continue? I'm going to freeze to death. And my hair." He ran his hand through his short, white hair and sighed. The color drew far too much attention when they went into town, it made him uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puppy Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy Love   Puppy Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Love
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Apocalyptic Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Great Britain-
Jump to: